This evidence summary was written by:
William B. Grant, Ph.D.
Sunlight, Nutrition, and Health Research Center (SUNARC)
P.O. Box 641603
San Francisco, CA 94164-1603, USA
Page last edited: 08 May 2011
- Camargo, C. A., Jr. Clark, S. Kaplan, M. S. Lieberman, P. Wood, R. A. Regional differences in EpiPen prescriptions in the United States: the potential role of vitamin D. The Journal of allergy and clinical immunology. 2007 Jul; 120 (1): 131-6.
- Fioletov, V. E. McArthur, L. J. Mathews, T. W. Marrett, L. Estimated ultraviolet exposure levels for a sufficient vitamin D status in North America. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2010 Aug 2; 100 (2): 57-66.
- Griffin, M. D. Xing, N. Kumar, R. Vitamin D and its analogs as regulators of immune activation and antigen presentation. Annu Rev Nutr. 2003; 23117-45.
- Hypponen, E. Berry, D. J. Wjst, M. Power, C. Serum 25-hydroxyvitamin D and IgE – a significant but nonlinear relationship. Allergy. 2009 Apr; 64 (4): 613-620.
- Leffell, D. J. Brash, D. E. Sunlight and skin cancer. Sci Am. 1996 Jul; 275 (1): 52-3, 56-9.
- Mullins, R. J. Clark, S. Camargo, C. A., Jr. Regional variation in epinephrine autoinjector prescriptions in Australia: more evidence for the vitamin D-anaphylaxis hypothesis. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2009 Dec; 103 (6): 488-95.
- Mullins, R. J. Clark, S. Camargo, C. A., Jr. Regional variation in infant hypoallergenic formula prescriptions in Australia. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2010 Mar; 21 (2 Pt 2): e413-20.
- Nwaru, B. I. Ahonen, S. Kaila, M. Erkkola, M. Haapala, A. M. Kronberg-Kippila, C. Veijola, R. Ilonen, J. Simell, O. Knip, M. Virtanen, S. M. Maternal diet during pregnancy and allergic sensitization in the offspring by 5 yrs of age: a prospective cohort study. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2010 Feb; 21 (1 Pt 1): 29-37.
- Rudders, S. A. Banerji, A. Vassallo, M. F. Clark, S. Camargo, C. A., Jr. Trends in pediatric emergency department visits for food-induced anaphylaxis. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010 Aug; 126 (2): 385-8.
- Rudders, S. A. Espinola, J. A. Camargo, C. A., Jr. North-south differences in US emergency department visits for acute allergic reactions. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2010 May; 104 (5): 413-6.
- Vassallo, M. F. Banerji, A. Rudders, S. A. Clark, S. Camargo, C. A., Jr. Season of birth and food-induced anaphylaxis in Boston. Allergy. 2010 Nov; 65 (11): 1492-3.
- Vassallo, M. F. Banerji, A. Rudders, S. A. Clark, S. Mullins, R. J. Camargo, C. A., Jr. Season of birth and food allergy in children. Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2010 Apr; 104 (4): 307-13.
- Vassallo, M. F. Camargo, C. A., Jr. Potential mechanisms for the hypothesized link between sunshine, vitamin D, and food allergy in children. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2010 Aug; 126 (2): 217-22.