Page last edited: 17 May 2011
- Liu, P. T. Stenger, S. Tang, D. H. Modlin, R. L. Cutting edge: vitamin D-mediated human antimicrobial activity against Mycobacterium tuberculosis is dependent on the induction of cathelicidin. J Immunol. 2007 Aug 15; 179 (4): 2060-3.
- Gombart, A. F. The vitamin D-antimicrobial peptide pathway and its role in protection against infection. Future Microbiol. 2009 Nov; 41151-65.
- Altman, H. Steinberg, D. Porat, Y. Mor, A. Fridman, D. Friedman, M. Bachrach, G. In vitro assessment of antimicrobial peptides as potential agents against several oral bacteria. J Antimicrob Chemother. 2006 Jul; 58 (1): 198-201.
- Dale, B. A. Fredericks, L. P. Antimicrobial peptides in the oral environment: expression and function in health and disease. Curr Issues Mol Biol. 2005 Jul; 7 (2): 119-33.
- Gomes, P. de S. Fernandes, M. H. Defensins in the oral cavity: distribution and biological role. J Oral Pathol Med. 2010 Jan; 39 (1): 1-9.
- Diamond, G. Beckloff, N. Ryan, L. K. Host defense peptides in the oral cavity and the lung: similarities and differences. J Dent Res. 2008 Oct; 87 (10): 915-27.
- Ji, S. Hyun, J. Park, E. Lee, B. L. Kim, K. K. Choi, Y. Susceptibility of various oral bacteria to antimicrobial peptides and to phagocytosis by neutrophils. J Periodontal Res. 2007 Oct; 42 (5): 410-9.
- Komatsuzawa, H. Ouhara, K. Kawai, T. Yamada, S. Fujiwara, T. Shiba, H. Kurihara, H. Taubman, M. A. Sugai, M. Susceptibility of periodontopathogenic and cariogenic bacteria to defensins and potential therapeutic use of defensins in oral diseases. Curr Pharm Des. 2007; 13 (30): 3084-95.
- Tao, R. Jurevic, R. J. Coulton, K. K. Tsutsui, M. T. Roberts, M. C. Kimball, J. R. Wells, N. Berndt, J. Dale, B. A. Salivary antimicrobial peptide expression and dental caries experience in children. Antimicrob Agents Chemother. 2005 Sep; 49 (9): 3883-8.